The primary function of official grain inspection is to facilitate the marketing and sale of grain by providing accurate and consistent inspection and weighing information that describes the quantity and quality of grain being bought and sold.
To avoid misunderstandings or claims and disputes between contractual trade partners, which can be related to the agreed parameters of traded goods or commodities, it is beneficial to have additional supporting documents from independent and professional inspection company.
It is a standard for international judicial and arbitrage practices as well as for insurance companies to use services of independent inspection companies (surveyors), as a third party which is often called in arbitration cases as a witness or professional independent expert.
Often, the presence of a specialist at the inspection site - with professional knowledge and many years of experience - is able to prevent attempts of any illegal manipulation with grain.
Competent inspectors of CISS GROUP carry out all the necessary measurements and calculations, promptly informing their clients about any contractual violations, inconsistencies or damages observed.
They provide photo and video evidence, and other documentary support of the logistic process and produce detailed inspection report or certificate. If any non-compliance with contract specification, or a threat to the safety or damage of the cargo is observed our inspectors notify our clients immediately on 24/7 bases and proper action to avoid or limit the damages is advised and implemented.
Grain crops traditionally are one of the largest and most important commodities in the world agricultural market, remaining a strategically important product that ensures not only food security, but also a stable source of profits for the world's agrarians.
Consequently, grain inspections are one of the most demanded by our clients services, hence it is an area of priority for the CISS GROUP.
List of grain inspection and quality control services from CISS GROUP:
With our own independent laboratories and GAFTA/FOSFA accreditation, we are ready to offer you:
- incoming control of the delivered grain to the inland silos or to port terminal
- outcoming grain control from the factories or silos
- inspection of vessel`s holds (containers) cleanliness and the confirmation of its suitability to carry of a particular type of grain. Issuance of the cleanliness certificate
- inspection of hatch covers conditions
- 24 hours’ visual inspection of the loading process and visual assessment of the quality of the grain
- sampling during loading and preparation of composite sample representing the whole quantity of grain as per international sampling standards
- laboratory testing of all types of goods in accordance with the local and international requirements and standards (ISO, USDA, ASTM, DIN, GOST, DSTU) and also with specific customer requirements
- express tests performed on site for basic parameters (admixture, moisture, protein)
- advanced analysis of the grain for: pesticides, mycotoxins, GMO, dioxins, radioactivity and heavy metals
- weight control during vessel loading or discharge based on vessel calculation as well as cargo outturn confirmation based on shore measurement. Checking validity of metrological certification of scales
- draught surveys (initial, final, intermediate) of seagoing vessels and barges
- control of cargo staffing into container
- sealing of the holds of the vessel / container
- checking technical condition of the warehouses and silos for its suitability for storage of the particular cargo
- confirmation of the grain volume/tonnage accumulated in warehouses or in the port for banks and insurance companies. FCR confirmation (FCR– forwarders certificate of receipt)
- Verifying the compliance of labeling and packaging with specifications
- Witnessing and control of fumigation process
- 24/7 presence, control and protective action on behalf of our clients
The international inspection company CISS GROUP has direct branches and its inspectors all over the world, protect the clients, help and control the quality and quantity of cargo during loading/discharge.
CISS GROUP certificates and reports are successfully used in various disputes and are recognized by international trading banks and trading community.Send request