Petroleum products inspection
The primary function of official petroleum products inspection (survey) is to facilitate the marketing and sale of petroleum products by providing accurate and consistent inspection and weighing information that describes the quantity and quality of petroleum products being bought and sold.
To avoid misunderstandings or claims and disputes between contractual trade partners, which can be related to the agreed parameters of traded goods or commodities, it is beneficial to have additional supporting documents from independent and professional inspection company.
It is a standard for international judicial and arbitrage practices as well as for insurance companies to use services of independent inspection companies (surveyors), as a third party which is often called in arbitration cases as a witness or professional independent expert.
Often, the presence of a specialist at the inspection site - with professional knowledge and many years of experience - is able to prevent attempts of any illegal manipulation with petroleum products.
Full range of petroleum products inspection services
Competent inspectors of CISS GROUP carry out all the necessary measurements and calculations, promptly informing their clients about any contractual violations, inconsistencies or damages observed.
They provide photo and video evidence, and other documentary support of the logistic process and produce detailed inspection report or certificate. If any non-compliance with contract specification, or a threat to the safety or damage of the cargo is observed our inspectors notify our clients immediately on 24/7 bases and proper action to avoid or limit the damages is advised and implemented.
These days petroleum products are the basis of the global fuel and energy balance. Refined products of oil and combustible gases are widely used in all sectors of industry, agriculture, transport as well as in everyday life. It is difficult to list all the areas of application for petroleum products, as their role in the life of modern society is fundamental. Improving the quality of oil products, as well as better control of its negative impact on Earth environment, is one of the most important issues. The share of petroleum products in the global energy balance has reached 75%, consequently, petroleum products inspections are one of the most demanded service by clients, hence it is an area of priority for the CISS GROUP.
With our own independent laboratories and accreditation, we are ready to offer you:
- incoming control of the delivered goods to the inland tanks or to port terminal
- outcoming control from the factories or tanks
- inspection of vessel`s holds (containers) cleanliness and the confirmation of its suitability to carry of a particular type of cargo. Issuance of the cleanliness certificate
- inspection of hatch covers conditions
- 24 hours’ visual inspection of the loading process and visual assessment of the quality of the goods
- sampling during loading and preparation of composite sample representing the whole quantity of cargo as per international sampling standards
- laboratory testing of all types of goods in accordance with the local and international requirements and standards (ISO, USDA, ASTM, DIN, GOST, DSTU) and also with specific customer requirements
- • weight control during vessel loading or discharge based on vessel calculation as well as cargo outturn confirmation based on shore measurement. Checking validity of metrological certification of scales
- draught surveys (initial, final, intermediate) of seagoing vessels and barges
- control of cargo staffing into container
- sealing of the holds of the vessel / container
- checking technical condition of the warehouses and tanks for its suitability for storage of the particular cargo
- confirmation of the cargo volume/tonnage accumulated in warehouses or in the port for banks and insurance companies. FCR confirmation (FCR– forwarders certificate of receipt)
- verifying the compliance of labeling and packaging with specifications
- 24/7 presence, control and protective action on behalf of our clients
The international inspection company CISS GROUP has direct branches and its inspectors all over the world, protect the clients, help and control the quality and quantity of cargo during loading/discharge.
CISS GROUP certificates and reports are successfully used in various disputes and are recognized by international trading banks and trading community.Send request